[TriLUG] OpenSource equivalents matrix

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 5 16:48:45 EDT 2007

Tim Jowers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm so sick of Winblows I'm writing an executive with an executive summary
> of OpenSource equivalents. Can anyone add to this?
snip
> Thanks!
> TimJowers

Hello Tim,

While they may not be specific equivalents for M$ compatible products,
there are productivity applications that I don't see on the list.

Graphics: GIMP 2, Blender, Cinelerra
Drawing: xfig, dia
DTP: Scribus, acroread (sorta)

If your list is just for specific equivalents, these may not be a good
fit.  But if you want to highlight applications for general business
use, these and several more apply.  Looking at the most popular items in
specific categories on freshmeat.net might help.

--
Scott C.