[TriLUG] Motherboard Recommendations

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:22:19 EDT 2007

I have the opportunity to upgrade my system and have been looking at
some new motherboards and processors. I'm mainly looking at the AMD
AM2 processors and the Nvidia 590SLI chipset (but I have the
possibility of getting something with the Nvidia 570SLI chipset).

Anyways, I've been offered these two motherboards: Asus Crosshair or
the Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5. I've been doing some research on these two
boards and finding a few comments or reviews but they are from about a
year ago. Back then the problem seemed to be related to some ACPI
problems. Not sure if those have been resolved yet or not.

So, I wanted to go to the experts and see if anyone has used either of
these boards recently and what their experience has been. Any install
issues or post install problems? Everything working for you? My OS of
choice would be openSUSE, but I've used Kubuntu also.

Thanks for your comments.
Brian