[TriLUG] Ooooh, now I'm frelled

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Thu Sep 6 17:14:02 EDT 2007

Nevermind about the sautil stuff...

I was able to get my RAID operational again by replacing the two hard drives
that failed near simultaneously. Then I used lvm to recreate the physical
volume with the correct UUID, and restored using vgcfgrestore.

So all my logical volumes re-appeared when I did an lvs. But they were not
mountable. I ran an fsck ojn one of them with the "-y" option. But after many
minutes of fixing, the operation failed due to memory allocation errors.

:(

I won't even bother to work on the encrypted partition, as it's mangled so
badly cryptoluks can't recoginize it as an encrypted partition. it's toast.
But I'd like to attempt to retrieve data off the unencrypted partition. I see
a lot of references to "fsck --rebuild rtree" but no-such option eixists in
the CentOS implementation of Linux.