[TriLUG] NTFS corrupted partition recovery????

Glenn Starling GJStarling at charter.net
Tue Sep 11 16:54:57 EDT 2007

I use Boot-It NG as a self-booting CD in my repair bag of tricks.  The
latest version is downloadable.  It does quite a few things, but it
contains a repair utility.  I first got it years ago when my Partition
Magic utility disk was at my house and I was at a customer site.  I have
had limited success with it.  Sometimes it works, but unless it is the
first utility used to attempt repair it often doesn't solve the problem.
However, if anything can solve it, Boot-It has a pretty good track
record.  I don't remember the URL.  (It is a free download.)  If you
can't Google it, let me know and I'll try to come up with a download
URL.

Good luck!

-- Glenn