[TriLUG] [OT?} Alternate ISP

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 20:17:56 EDT 2007

Just a note about Speakeasy... They are a cut above any other local DSL provider. Their equipment is co-located with the Bell stuff but separate. They also do NOT over subscribe their service - so you actually get the bandwidth you pay for (and at times a bit more).

Speakeasy also has guaranteed SLA's for available Bandwidth - which Bell will never do.

That being said, if TimeWarner Cable sells service in your area, go with them. No one delivers the amount of bandwidth for the buck that RoadRunner does - even if it is three times as expensive here as in some Northern cities.

Jon