[TriLUG] Powerline - Ethernet over AC lines & Linux

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Fri Sep 21 14:30:48 EDT 2007

Back in the 90's when I first saw this technology (In a TigerDirect
catalog!), I thought to myself, "My God. This is going to be the wave of
the future. Power Companies are going to be ISP's, and Microsoft will
put windows on toasters, and... and.. and..."

Then, Poof! It disappeared into obscurity. I guess there are too many
limitations to piggybacking the signals through the various conduits of
the world? Besides, I suppose that Fiber lines which already existed
were easier to put to task.

Irrelevant musings...