[TriLUG] Powerline - Ethernet over AC lines & Linux

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:39:41 EDT 2007

Well considering that every single BPL start up (using High voltage
lines) that transmitted data
splattered noise over the airwaves far greater than the limits part 95
allowed its no wonder that
Power companies will not become ISPs.

Most have written those trial systems off (including Progress Energy,
thank the data flow!)except
for a few that insist on continuing to make life miserable for those
affected services. Of course there is
more to the story but basically  BPL is a bad idea.

Neil Little, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!