[TriLUG] OT Humor (at least to me)

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 15:35:11 EDT 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 14:32, Scott Lambdin wrote:
> There is a local job on DICE that says you need to know:
>
> All of the windows versions (2K, 2K3, XP.....)
> All of the Linux versions (RH, SLES.....)
> How much do you think that person will make?

On the subject of employment we are in the process of trying to hire a few
programmer types. I am looking for suggestions as to how best a small company
can go about finding resources without spending a huge amount of time
interviewing folks who do not have the proper background.

We are looking for seasoned developers with a very broad toolset and the
ability to code in whatever language best fits the problem at hand. We are
too small to have the time to train someone, and need developers that can
work with minimal supervision.

Any ideas as to the best way to approach the problem of finding good talent?

We do not have an HR department (or any departments to speak of), so salaries
will not be "arbitrarily set by the HR department", and what we end up
specifying as requirements will be real world requirements.

Thanks,

Ron