[TriLUG] OT Humor (at least to me)

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri Sep 28 15:41:26 EDT 2007

Chris Bullock wrote:
> I don't see what the problem is with the post.  When we replaced our 2
> guys last year we basically had the same thing, unfortunately no one
> actually reads into the requirements,

Well, gee...I wonder why nobody bothers with the requirements?

 > All of the Linux versions (RH, SLES.....)

When it says something as silly as that, and it's quite likely
that there is not a single person on this planet (or any other) that
meets that requirement, then the intelligent job searcher is going
to go with the "spirit" of the requirement.  Personally, I would assume
that some HR monkey added that statement (and pray it was not penned by
the guy doing the hiring), and I would interpret that requirement as
"knows something about Linux".  It's probably not the actual requirement,
but it's closer that what was written.

just my 2c.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services