[TriLUG] Hiring Good People [was Re: OT Humor (at least to me)]

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Sep 29 13:10:09 EDT 2007

You hit the nail on the head. Folks that like what they do are generally
better at it. You don't have to run around checking up on folks that are
cerfing the web when they are interested in the work at hand.

Retaining good folks has a lot more to do with interpersonal
relationships than anything else. If you treat people nice, they stick
around. You still have to pay well and make sure the job gets done.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Specializing in the design, sales, installation, and support of today's
technology for small to mid-sized markets, we also focus on both
commercial and industrial networks for PCs and phones. Now in our tenth
year, the company began with deploying video, voice and data
communications systems in the Triangle region, which we continue to do
today.