[TriLUG] [EMACS] clear screen in shell buffer

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:22:25 EDT 2007

Is there a more verbose version of C-0?  It doesn't seem to do anything.

Yes, I have tried 'clear' already.  You're right -- emacs' M-x shell
provides
a dumb terminal.  I'd prefer to get it to do what I want than to use
M-x term.  M-x term is almost good enough, but the escape sequences
didn't work quite right.  Maybe I need a different value for $TERM?

Peace,
Andrew