[TriLUG] PHP performance testing

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Oct 2 11:17:28 EDT 2007

I hit the TriPUG with this question, but it seems to be pretty low-
traffic.  So I thought I'd try here, too:

I am currently load testing the Zend Optimizer using SugarCRM as our
reference application for an article on our website.  However, our
results are considerably different than what we had expected to see.
Zend's website claims a 40%+ performance improvement, but we are
seeing considerably less than that -- essentially zero, within the
margin of measurement error.

I've checked the phpinfo() output to verify that it reports that the
optimizer is installed and running, but after that I'm not sure where
to look for the problem.

If anyone is familiar with this and can point me in the right direction,
I'd appreciate it.

Linux content - Sugar/PHP/Mysql running on CentOS 5.

TIA,
Chris

FWIW, I contacted Zend, but they have shown little interest in
helping to determine the problem.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services