[TriLUG] PHP performance testing

Hugh A. Cayless hcayless at email.unc.edu
Tue Oct 2 11:57:48 EDT 2007

Your scripts may be database-bound.  Profiling your scripts using
something like http://xdebug.org/ would tell you whether what's actually
taking the time.  If it's code execution, then an optimizer may help,
but if it's connecting to a database and retrieving data (or disk I/O,
or something else), then you'll have to optimize by speeding up query
execution, caching, etc.