[TriLUG] Date in Thunderbird and job listings

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Sun Oct 7 13:09:12 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get the day of the week to show up on my Ubuntu Thunderbird.
I've updated to 2.0.0.6, so it's not the one in the repos.  It didn't work
with the one in the repos (1.5.0.13) either...that's why I upgraded.

I've done scouting and found at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Change_the_Date_Format
" Value  - Meaning  - Example date and time
0 - No date  - 10:23 AM
1 - Your system's long* date format - Friday, December 31 2003 10:23 AM
2 - Your system's short* date format - 12/31/1999 10:23 AM
3 - Year and month, separated by a slash - 1999/12 10:23 AM
4 - Abbreviated day name - Fri 10:23 AM

* Some operating systems have only one date format. On these systems, the
values 1 and 2 produce the same result. " (emphasis added)

Ubuntu appears to be one of these operating systems (and maybe Linux in
general???).  Is there any way someone could see to work around this so that
I can see the days of the week on my e-mails?  Option 4 works, but I want
the date and the day of the week, which four does not do.

And, while I'm e-mailing, is there any place that collects tech jobs in the
Triangle?  Like, a specialized Monster.com or is something like Monster the
way to go?  Going to the different job sites for various organizations gets
very tiresome very quickly.

Thanks,
--
Douglas A. Whitfield

Co-President Carolina Open Source Initiative
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
cell: 919-360-0306