[TriLUG] Affordable storage?

Jason Tower jtower at cerient.net
Fri Oct 19 21:54:45 EDT 2007

if you're interested i have a storage server (supermicro 15 disk chassis, dual
3ware sata controllers) that i built for a client a couple of years ago, they
just retired it in favor of two 7.5tb servers (which i built as well).  it's
sitting on a shelf in my garage and i'd love to find it a home before i move
next week :)

it's currently filled with 300gb sata disks yielding about 3.5tb, replace them
with 500 or 750gb disks, you can do the math.  it's not fancy like emc or netapp
but it's all off-the-shelf hardware, runs linux, and worked flawlessly when it
was in service.

jason