[TriLUG] OpenWRT Help

Warren Weber wrweber at hufta.net
Wed Oct 24 16:17:07 EDT 2007

Folks,

A ways back, I spent some time fooling around with a new WRT54GL that I put
OpenWRT on and seemed to have it working (I could get add-ons for it, browse the
Web through it, etc.).  After letting it sit for too long, it is now A Big Deal that it get
working SOON.  Unfortunately, I must have been doing something manually when I
got it working that I didn't write down.  :-P  I am not getting out at all any more.

I have gone through the WIKI on the OpenWRT site and am only getting more
confused.  Is there an OpenWRT for Dummies site out there that I haven't found that
would lead me through the bare basics for configuring this beast?  Or does anyone
have a set of procedures they would be willing to share?  Right now I just want to get
it where it will replace my existing router, then add firewalling, a DMZ, and wireless to
it.

Thanks!
Warren

--

I know there’s money in horses. I put it there!

Warren Weber
wrweber at hufta.net
http://www.hufta.net