[TriLUG] Network Security Professionals

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:55:49 EST 2007

IDS's are becoming a thing of the past if not already there.  but what you
listed sounds like some good tools to become familiar with.  I suggest
looking into security plus for certifications.  If you don't know so
already, I also suggest getting familiar with doing everything from a
terminal.  As the appliances my company use are *nix based... and without
really knowing, I would suspect most of the rest are the same.

I cant really talk for getting into security as mine kinda fell into my
lap.

Good luck on getting that first job after school... Its not always an easy
thing to do.

jsn