[TriLUG] Red Hat System Admin class

Marty Ferguson martyferg at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 23:52:01 EST 2007

I beg to differ, Nick Goldwater.

Having taught the Red Hat courses and worked as an RHCX
(Red Hat Certified Examiner) I can assure you that Red Hat Software
has a mutual interest with all successful examinees (i.e., RHCE's that
that earned their cert) to maintain confidentiality about the content of
the examination.  No instructor is permitted to "teach the test" and each
successful RHCE candidate can be assured that the certificate they
hold is proof of their knowledge and aptitude.

If the contents of the exam were openly discussed and posted on blogs,
the value of the certification would become significantly debased  through
the result of awarding the RHCE to (some percentage of) examinees who
invested no more effort in training and test preparation than to rehearse
the solutions to the hands-on portion of the exam.

There is no doubt in my mind that the requirement of confidentiality is of
utmost importance in maintaining the credibility of the certification and the
social contract between RHCE's, employers, and Red Hat Software.

Marty Ferguson