[TriLUG] OT - Help merging multiple files into a single file

howard.x.boyd at gsk.com howard.x.boyd at gsk.com
Wed Nov 7 16:09:28 EST 2007

Could someone please suggest a unix command or utility that will help me
merge the contents of multiple files into a single file. We currently have
200+ AIX systems with a /etc/sudoers file on each server. The contents of
these files may or may not be the same. The goal is to examine the
contents of all the files and merge them into a single master sudoers file
that will be maintained and periodically pushed out to all the servers.
Would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on how best to accomplish this
task. Thanks,

Howard

* Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to
* eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome
* labor under the sun during the few days of life God has
* given him - for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives
* any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to
* enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -
* this is a gift of God. Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 NIV