[TriLUG] Time-Warner Digital Cable in Raleigh, with MythTV

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Wed Nov 14 13:33:42 EST 2007

I'm building out a MythTV box to get rid of my shoddy Scientific Atlanta
 Explorer 8300HD that Time-Warner provides as a DVR and wondering about
others in the LUG who may be using MythTV.

I've already got an analog tuner card.  But I'd rather capture digital
streams, perhaps from a firewire tuner, so that way I can keep the HBO
channel group.

Is anyone here using MythTV with Time-Warner's digital content?  Were
you able to get the firewire STB to work OK with Myth?  Were you able to
find someone at Time-Warner who understood the obligations imposed on
them by the FCC, obliging them to provide you with an unblocked firewire
tuner upon request?

I found this nifty posting in the mythtv-users archives that should help
with that latter point:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-August/098187.html