[TriLUG] Newbie wanting to host web pages at home...

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:49:14 EST 2007

I usually go to an O'Reilly book. The one I use for Apache is:
Apache The Definitive Guide by Ben Laurie and Peter Laurie.

As far as where Apache puts every thing take a look at the httpd.config
file that usually resides in the directory
/etc/apache2 (ubuntu)

Where the html files are put is determined by the directive DocumentRoot
What makes it pretty easy is httpd.conf is pretty well annotated right
out of the "box".

Today I just finished configuring my 3rd server in as many weeks. This
particular system has 3 instances running on it.
It's running on a Linksys NSLU2 (unslinged to a 50GB usb HDD) using
ports 80, 81 and 8000.

73,
Neil Little, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!