[TriLUG] Zaurus under Fedora 7 - hotplug issues

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Nov 21 10:19:06 EST 2007

Ok, followup question:

I've setup /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-usb0 as follows:
-------------------<snip>-----------------------
# Sharp SL-5500
DEVICE=usb0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=3e:d8:74:3f:f6:ee
IPADDR=192.168.129.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.255
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=no
-------------------<snip>-----------------------

So, how does one add the second route automagically? As per the how to i
listed previously, it says to create /etc/hotplug/usb/usbnet as follows
which I have done:

-------------------<snip>-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
typeset -i num
num=`ifconfig | grep usb0 | wc -l`
if [ $num -eq 0 ] ; then
ifconfig usb0 192.168.129.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 up
route add -host 192.168.129.201 usb0
fi
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT -o eth0 --to MY_IP
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
exit 0

Ideas?

TIA