[TriLUG] denying login attempts to a vsftp server

Blackburn, Marvin mblackburn at glenraven.com
Mon Nov 26 16:45:45 EST 2007

I have a vsftp server running on rhel 4.  On occasion, I get "swamped" with
connection attempts -- sometimes over 40,000.  Usually the culprits have one
or two ip addresses.
I had seen on either this list or the redhat lists, a discussion of a
package that would automatically bounce requests from a specific ip after
"x" number of failures.  I cant seem to find the