[TriLUG] denying login attempts to a vsftp server

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Tue Nov 27 09:46:24 EST 2007

If you are pointing vsftp through pam for authentication/authorization,
I've found pam_abl (http://www.hexten.net/wiki/index.php/Pam_abl) to be
a lightweight and effective way to do this.  You can also set it up for
ssh etc. while you're at it.  I like to have a little cronjob that
emails me an activity report a couple times a week.

--bak