[TriLUG] time warner business class

Nick Goldwater trilug at dogstar1.com
Tue Nov 27 21:07:09 EST 2007

----- "Ron Joffe" <rjoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:
| I have to say that I have been extremely happy with TW's Business
| Class over
| the last 3 years or so that I have had it in Chapel Hill.
|
| Their support has been very good, and uptime has been great. Bandwidth
| gets
| faster all the time, but I have been on the same plan / price for the
| three
| years, and the bandwidth has been upgraded 3 times during that time.
|
| Ron
|
| --

Funny... what is your current speed? I recently acquired a static IP and they had to 1) charge me $50 for some guy to come out and plug a new router in. Then they provisioned my IP and I lost all connectivity. Ooops. I could not ping their gateway from inside or out... Got that fixed and soon realized that they had cut my bandwidth dramatically from where it was. I too kept getting nice speed increases. I signed up for 7M down 768K up and now that exactly what I get. Down from 9-10 down and 1.5 up.

I called them back about this and they said it must have been a mistake. Hmm. I can't wait for there to be some competition.

Nick