[TriLUG] porn spam problem

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Wed Nov 28 21:14:59 EST 2007

WA Brown wrote:
> PHPBB

It may also be that an agent doesn't need to use the form to post
messages.  I know that some blog software has been vulnerable to attacks
in which the attacking script calls on functions directly having
bypassed the form and any protective measures implemented on the form.
Have you looked into hardening phpbb beyond captcha?  Also, some
captchas are very easy to break with OCR.  You may consider looking into
other captcha implementations.

Jim

---Jim Tuttle