[TriLUG] LVM planning help

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Fri Nov 30 18:17:15 EST 2007

Owen wrote:
> Any comments on my plans? Any other suggestions? Am I wasting my time
> using LVM at all on the second drive?

I would do LVM now, and just make them different volumes for now.  That
way, at least I think... you can combine them later if you so choose.
Also, HD space isn't too expensive to be able to afford a nice backup
solution.  So yeah, for now, just make everything LVM and don't combine
them yet if you are worried.  That way it's easier to extend things
later if need be.  Oh, and don't put an entire HD into the LV, or even
the PV right away.  Partition the drive and add the partitions as you
need them.  LVM is beautiful :)

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com