[TriLUG] mapping My Documents to samba server error THUMBS~JT.DBE

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:25:29 EST 2007

We have our windows clients "My Documents" routed to each users home
directory on our linux file server.  On log out the windows clients throw
an error about not being able to write THUMB~JT.DBE.  The error is files
of this type can not be available offline.  Has anyone run into this
before, is it a Windows client problem, or just the way Windows works, or
something specific to writing windows files to a samba share.
Regards,
Chris