[TriLUG] mail server plus a side question

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Dec 4 21:00:02 EST 2007

James c. Jones wrote:
> Good Evening all,
>
> I want to setup a mail server. Can anyone point to a good tutorial for
> postfix? I will be installing it on Fedora 7.
>
> side question? What is the "best" way to measure download & upload
> speeds of my isp?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> jcj

Most of the ones off the postfix site are useful in some degree or
another.  Are you putting up an externally visible mail server?, if so I
you will probably want to look at a couple of other packages. Namely
amavisd-new, postgrey, Spamassassin, ClamAV, maRBL(this one may be hard
to find but works really well).   Also look at pflogsumm, it will give
decent mail stats.

Ping back if you get stuck.

Matt P.