[TriLUG] Magic Box!

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Tue Dec 4 22:02:10 EST 2007

Remember the Magic Box? I've still got it!
I had one or two folks interested in stuff. If you are at all interested,
I'll be bringing the Magic Box with me to the next NC*SA meeting, which will
be Monday, December 10th!

Everything in the Magic Box is free, though I'll point out that I like
cookies. Also, I ask that if you take something from the Magic Box you do it
with the intent to actually use it and not just throw it away.

What's in the Magic Box? Well let's open it and see!

======================

  o Vectron Ultralight - Battery very low, doesn't hold charge. Needs battery
    replacement but not "user servicable"

  o ZCraft R/C Hovercraft - Small remote-controlled hovercraft. Battery doesn't
    hold charge, not "user servicable"

  o Kyocera 6035 SmartPhone for SprintPCS, complete in box - Works but sound
    can be intermittant. Very elderly device. Even has a car charger!

  o Kyocera 6035 SmartPhone for SprintPCS, standalone - Works mostly

  o Cellphone quick charger - Charges cellphones from a AA battery using special
    adaptor cables. Supports Nokia, Motorola/Blackberry, LG, Samsung. Brookstone
    brand.

  o Polaroid Sun600 Land Camera - Works fine. It's a polaroid instant camera.

  o Belkin OmniView PS/2 Mac Adapter - Works fine, fo ruse with classic Mac
    computers (pre-USB), allows Mac ADB mouse, ADB Keyboard and Mac video monitor
    to connect to a standard Belkin PS/2 KVM switch. Model number is F1D080.
    Even have an ADB cable for it.

  o Linksys Wireless-B USB Network Adapter - Works fine, but only supports the
    802.11b WiFi standard. Connects to a computer via USB port, and yes I have
    the driver CD for it. Compatible with original Tivo Series 2 units!

  o LineX USB FM Transmitter - Neat little device that plugs into your PC and
    appears as a USB speaker. But in reality it transmits the audio from your
    PC on an FM signal to be picked-up by any FM stereo. Seven selectable
    FM channels. Unfortunately, it has limited range, :(

  o Adaptec GameBridge (AVC-1400/1410) - As seen on Woot! USB device that lets
    you take the RGB video output of a console system and view it on your PC,
    as well as record movies. Will actually work with ANY standard video
    device that has RGB component output (i.e. DVD players, VCRs, etc). Works
    with Win2K and WinXP. Driver CD included.

  o Silkyboard for Kyocera 6035 - Useless except for the Kyocera 6035. Little
    graffiti area overlays for the 6035 and special PalmOS software that lets
    you tap on the overlay like a keyboard. Completely useless unless you
    have a 6035 and hate using graffiti.

  o Micorosft Streets & Trips 2000 - Two CDs in original jewel case. Released
    in 1999. Compatible with Win95 and Win98.

  o eTrust Antivirus 7.1 Live Trial - Complete set of CDs for the eTrust
    AntiVirus product from Computer Associates. Enterprise virus scanning
    supporting Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac, etc... Even though this is a
    trial set I've found it works indefinitely without any license key or
    nagging.

  o Zircon Stud Finder - Simple little yellow stud finder, operates on one 9V
    battery. Simple red LED lights-up to indicate stud detection.

  o 32MB Smart Media Memory Card, Memorex Brand

  o Handmark MobileTools - Collection of PalmOS utilities by Handmark. For
    PalmOS 3.0 or later devices, though many tools probably will not work
    with PalmOS 5. Includes BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy VFS, AutoSync, TimeSync,
    MobileSafe, Checklist, FilePoint, PrintBoy, SuperUtility and SuperCLock.
    Original box and packaging.

  o Ancient Mac CD-ROM Discs - A bunch of Macintosh CD-ROMs from the earliest
    PowerPC Mac days. Includes 3DAtlas 97, Grolier 97 Encyclopedia, Virtual
    Pool 3d, Where In The USA is Carmen Sandiego?, KidPix, Descent II, VR
    Soccer 96, Weekend Warrior, Mech Warrior 2 and other utterly useless crap.

  o Nero OEM Suite - Two different Nero Burning ROM OEM CDs, for use with
    bundled CD burner drives. I don't have the drives anymore. I think one of
    them is for LightOn drives...

Yaaaaaaay!

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus     #
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a34 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W-- M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*         #