[TriLUG] Get a router now! - Re: newbie needs help with IP setup, part 2: static IP?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:39:28 EST 2007

I'm still partial to the wrt54gl units.  I have about a dozen running here
and there and they seem to work great.  I run OpenWRT on all my mine, very
Linux-like interface which suits me (plus they are managed remotely so being
able to ssh into the m over the Internet and be able to "do anything" to
them is a big plus).

I used to have an Asus 500 something or another.  It was pretty cool as it
had even more RAM and flash AND it had a USB connection so you could attach
just about anything you wanted to do it.  Very handy.

Greg