[TriLUG] Get a router now! - Re: newbie needs help with IP setup, part 2: static IP?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Dec 6 10:28:04 EST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Greg Brown wrote:

> I used to have an Asus 500 something or another.  It was pretty cool as it
> had even more RAM and flash AND it had a USB connection so you could attach
> just about anything you wanted to do it.  Very handy.

didn't know about it. The price is OK. Here's the specs.

http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/asus-wl-500g-wireless/4507-3319_7-30650222.html

doesn't tell you about memory though (they never do).
However at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320008

it's 8+32 which isn't too bad. You can mount a usb key drive
at the usb ports which is a lot simpler than the Buffalo
mod, but I'd prefer to have my extra memory where it won't
get pulled out/knocked/bent accidentally. Usb key drives
stick out a long way.

Joe