[TriLUG] Get a router now! - Re: newbie needs help with IP setup, part 2: static IP?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Dec 6 10:54:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, James Tuttle wrote:

> I paid 19.99 for my buffalo.  I could probably get a 1 GB SD card for $7.
>
> I've now forgotten why I thought I might want to add more memory, which
> is ironic.  Can someone point out why I might want more?

the initial problem with the later WRT54xxx's was that there
wasn't enough memory to install xx-WRT. You/we'll be dealing
with a machine which already has xx-WRT running, so won't
have that problem. The next problem is if you want to store
data/programs that the WAP will run (whatever they may be).

Joe