[TriLUG] This years talks wishlist

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:49:19 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 1:09 PM, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com> wrote:

> That might make a good joint-meeting with COSI.

While not in charge anymore, I think it's safe to say COSI would happy to do
just about any joint venture with TriLUG, especially in Chapel Hill.  If
nothing else, we can very easily provide space for an event.  Then, there's
ibiblio too, of course.

I forwarded this to one of our contacts in the School of Public Health, but
I've yet to hear back.  We've been trying to beat down the health care door
for a while and have been largely unsuccessful.  We've been planning on
having an event Saturday, January 26th to hit up the beginning of the
semester, point being that we want to do something at the beginning of the
semester.  No one seems married to the events we already discussed though,
so people would probably be interested in shifting focus.  Perhaps Cristobal
(current COSI president) could speak better to this.

Just as a note to what people in COSI are interested in, the two things
we've been looking into are a MySQL/PHP training session and an Open Source
gaming event...so maybe those are things TriLUG could put on the radar.

Douglas A. Whitfield

Co-Founder Carolina Open Source Initiative
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
http://www.last.fm/group/Carolina+Open+Source+Initiative
cell: 919-360-0306