[TriLUG] Anyone Recommend a Ubuntu Compatible Modem?

Jason Tower jtower at cerient.net
Mon Dec 10 22:25:46 EST 2007

an external serial modem is actually your best bet in terms of compatibility and
reliability.  i've used several on linux servers for clients over the years,
never had a problem with one.  i might have one or two lying around in a box
somewhere.

the other option is a dial-up router (like a broadband router but with a modem
wan interface instead of ethernet, does nat/dhcp).  they're no longer made that
i know of, but i have an old 3com unit for emergency purposes.

jason