[TriLUG] Labelling conventions...

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:32:27 EST 2007

Well, what size is the network?  I've labeled switches A-Z, then use
the port number [A-1, A-2, etc.]. Then I'll assign the offices/rooms
letters, and the data port is the number.

example:
Switch A, port 1, leads to office "Z", data port  5 = A1/Z5

[I see that Brian's post is the same thing. But yeah, just make it
up, and make it SIMPLE. Think of the next admin ... a little.]