[TriLUG] Labelling conventions...

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Tue Dec 11 10:36:16 EST 2007

Honestly I have to say I advise against a scheme that includes switch
ports.  If you want to keep track of which switch port goes where, do
that separately.  Switch ports die sometimes or might need to be
reassigned for some other reason; if your cable label includes the
switch port, you'd have to relabel the cable if the switch port changed.

But yeah, the KISS principle definitely applies as well.

~B