[TriLUG] Asterisk Phones

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Fri Dec 14 11:32:01 EST 2007

I am currently considering asterisk for my small company (approximately 12
extensions).  We currently have 4 analog phone lines and an old analog
Panasonic PBX that the hard disk died in.  My question is if I create a
asterisk system, where can I get some inexpensive IP Phones from that will
work with asterisk.  I know little about asterisk and phone systems in
general, my background is really in DSP and embedded systems and I have
avoided learning about phone systems so far.

If someone here does it professionally then let me know, as I really would
rather put my efforts into the business rather than creating an asterisk
based system from scratch.  The current person who does our phone system is
not really competent, obnoxious, and over-charges.

But my main question is where can I get cheap IP phones for my office?
Thanks!

--
Brian Phelps
System Design Engineer