[TriLUG] Asterisk Phones

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:24:01 EST 2007

Hi Brian,

I've set up a half-dozen companies with Asterisk systems. Trust me on this:
DO NOT go with a cheap IP phone. They suck. I set up most customers with
Polycom IP500's and have never regretted it. They rock.

If you choose not to get an IP 500, you can use a Linksys PAP2 terminal
adapter to run standard analog phones. These can be had for about $50 and
can power two extensions. Otherwise, I'd go with soft phones, such as
Counterpath's X-Lite (or eyeBeam): www.counterpath.net

Good luck!

Mark
www.markturner.net
(former and possibly future Asterisk consultant)