[TriLUG] OT - VPN configuration question

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Dec 27 14:30:34 EST 2007

(ok, it is slightly on topic since we are using OpenVPN on a BSD
box for our VPN)

We are using OpenVPN for our VPN solution on a BSD firewall.  We all
have laptops with the OpenVPN client.  One person has reported a
problem connecting from public hotspots if the IP address given at
by the hostspot is a 192.168.1.x address.  He thinks the problem is
due to our office also using 192.168.1.x addresses.  As a result, he
wants to change our internal network to something else...which will
be a LOT of work.  I've never had any problems connecting from
anywhere. I connected yesterday from a hotspot and noted that I had
been assigned a 192.168.1.x address and I did not have any problems.

The only obvious difference is that he's on OSX and I'm on XP.
Other than that, I can't come up with an answer to the problem.

Any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services