[TriLUG] latest ubuntu updates killed my wireless

Douglas A. Whitfield whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Thu Dec 27 20:50:17 EST 2007

For anyone else that has this problem....

Somewhere in all of that downgrading and upgrading my menu.lst decided to
change the defualt to zero (-rt) rather than whatever it was when -generic
kernel was the default (I just moved the generic to zero).  I'm not sure
which of the four downgrades fixed the problem and at the moment I don't
much care, but for those (if any) that had problems after the upgrades, try
downgrading

libsmbclient
linux-headers-2.6.22-14
linux-headers-2.6.22-14-generic
linux-image-2.6.22-14-generic

One of these days I'll try reinstalling the upgrades...or just wait until
the next round of upgrades.  I've wasted quite enough time on this already!

Thanks for all the help.