[TriLUG] so what does a 10 phone Asterisk system cost these days?

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 31 22:31:06 EST 2007

You *must* be joking!

Not only is this unit feature poor, but it also has license costs out the whazoo... Not mention the number of these kind of units we've tossed out of new client installs - folks who became feed-up with the "Avaya" experience.

As a very basic PBX replacement, this unit does an *okay* job, but is way overpriced for the very little it gives and the amount of pain it requires to maintain. If you want bare bones there are much cheaper alternatives that have no license cost, are easier to maintain, and are cheaper to purchase.

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel