[TriLUG] enabling SSH into private network

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:28:29 EST 2008

I havent read the thread in its entirety and if repeating stuff, then just
ignore me.

If your POS systesm are getting their IP's via DHCP,  setting up port
forwarding will eventually blow up on you.  If the systems come up in a
different order their IP's will possibly be switched around.

If you have the option. you can always ssh into a box via the standard ports
and then ssh around your network from that one central box.  Draw back is if
this box dies... you loose the ability to ssh into the network.