[TriLUG] Specifying fixed addresses using DHCP (was Re: enabling SSH into private network)

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 07:22:02 EST 2008

Depending on the size of your network, it's always best to use DHCP.  The
overhead is much less if *any* network changes are made.  Some switching
equipment is now using dhcp as a way to dynamically create VLANS, so that
the network teams do not have to manually configure switchports.  I use
DHCP, with reservations, for all my devices with the exception of edge
firewalls.
Regards,
Chris