[TriLUG] Wireless Keyboard ... which one?

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 15:01:31 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Ritesh Kumar wrote:

> However, there are two things you might consider before shelling out
> your
> money:
> 1) Wireless mouse are good and all but they don't have the kind of
> bandwidth
> wired mice have. So gaming using a wireless mice will be
> problematic. The
> keyboard also becomes problematic but to a lesser extent. For normal
> desktop
> work there is no hindrance at all.

I don't mean to give you a hard time and I doubt this is a concern for
the OP, but I have to call BS on this one. I've gamed exclusively with
wireless mice (Logitech MX Laser (RF) and Logitech BT) for years and
have never had any problems. Mouse bandwidth, IMHO, is marketing speak
to try to sell more mice. There can be lag issues with some lesser
wireless mice, but I've never experienced this using logitech stuff.
Ditto for the keyboard. The biggest problem gaming with a wireless
keyboard (and to a certain extent mouse) is with the darn batteries
dying  on you in the middle of a fight.
-Lee