[TriLUG] wireless mice - avoiding mutual interference?

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 8 08:04:37 EST 2008

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> The guy I talked to today is new and doesn't know the
> hardware well (this is not a good sign I'll admit). He just
> thought I was returning it because I didn't like the way it
> worked. The techie straightened him out.
>
> I am sorry that no-one there ever knows if an item works on
> Linux. I've given up asking now. It's not like they carry
> such a large range of products that you couldn't test them.

Hi Joe,

The prices at Intrex are low enough that they compete with online and
mail order shops.  It's hard to see how they could include product
testing for Linux without boosting their prices.  Of the two choices,
I'd rather keep the prices low and do the research myself.

When you compare Intrex to the other local retail options: Best Buy,
Circuit City, etc., they start looking awfully good.  They don't try to
rob you for the price of a DVI cable or other essential add-on.  I find
that their employees give much better answers too.

Scott C.