[TriLUG] How to get laptop earphone jack to work?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Jan 11 11:53:58 EST 2008

Sounds to me like time to whip out your soldering iron and put in another jack. There is a little spring thingie that makes/breaks contact when you insert the jack into the plug. If it ain't making and breaking, then you gotta fix that part first.

Stupid question of the day: are you sure you're not plugging the jack into the mic hole???

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

Connecting You to the World since 1997

We specialize in managed services, IT outsourcing and installation of network communications systems for voice, video and data. Our expertise has evolved from small, local businesses to large businesses with locations scattered across the globe.