[TriLUG] apache access_log

James c. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat Jan 12 10:40:30 EST 2008

Good Morning,

I recently added a time warner business class internet connection.

I set up a router to their cable modem and hooked my webserver into it.
Everything seems to be working okay, except ....

In my httpd access_log, the only ip address that shows is mine? In my
past setup, the requesting ip address was shown.

Since the httpd config file has not changed as far as logging is
concerned, I suspect that it is a pass through configuration either in
my router or in the time warner prestige 900 modem.

My router is an smc barricade router.

If anyone is familiar with the problem, I would appreciate their
comments and help.

jcj