[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

Owen oberry at trilug.org
Mon Jan 14 12:24:07 EST 2008

I currently have 2 Linksys WRT54GL's, one running the Linksys firmware
and the other running OpenWRT and set up as a wireless bridge to the
other little blue box. Both run very well and I've never had any issues,
even though I routinely hammer the one running the Linksys firmware
pretty hard with both wired and wireless traffic, and have torrent and
VOIP traffic going over it.

I had a Netgear device for quite a while (can't remember the model), but
it seemed to "wear out" ... wireless network getting weaker all the
time, more and more restarts required. Switched to the Linksys and the
sun came out again.

Owen