[TriLUG] gmail

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon Jan 14 14:27:44 EST 2008

stan briggs wrote:
> has anyone, other than me, had odd 'system response time' and 'interface
> behaviour' problems in gmail the last couple of days? i got lots of timeouts
> over the weekend and, right now, do not have a forward or reply-to drop-down
> on emails that i read.

They have been slipstreaming a lot of changes in over the last few weeks
that will sometimes break "second tier" browsers.  I use Safari at home,
and often Konqueror at the office, which can often highlight the
shortcomings in Google applications.

Konqueror has *always* had issues with GMail but Safari is usually good.
 At least until recently.

They have also been doing weird things with Blogger that are broken
under Safari.